Exercises to do while pregnant
- Walking-Walking is the easiest form of exercise you can do while pregnant. It is easy on your knees vs. jogging, it’s safe and takes little time to squeeze into your schedule.
- Jogging-If you are already a jogger you will still be able to continue during your pregnancy. Be sure to stay hydrated and wear comfortable clothing and shoes. If you have not run before consult your doctor before you begin a running program.
- Dance-Don’t put your dance shoes away just yet! Dancing is so much fun and an easy workout. You can dance home in your living room or in a gym class just try to avoid too much spinning and jumping!
- Swimming-Swimming has been considered one of the safest and effective ways to exercise for pregnant women by healthcare professionals. Swimming keeps you toned without the weight strain while increasing your heart rate.
- Yoga-Yoga has been known to relieve stress and pressure on your body and of course with your body going through changes during your pregnancy you experience a lot of this. Most positions are safe for you and your baby but stay away from the excessively rigorous positions. A lot of gyms offer special classes for pregnant women. Here’s a center we came across in NYC: http://www.prenatalyogacenter.com/cmps_index.php
- Kegel Exercises-We as women need to practice these exercises in our everyday life not just while pregnant but Kegel exercises are especially important during pregnancy as it is said to make the birth easier. By strengthening these muscles you are able to control your muscles during labor and delivery. Doing these exercises will also minimize bladder leaks and hemorrhoids. Kegel exercises can be done at anytime, anywhere without a sole knowing!!
**If you experience nausea, dizziness, abnormal change in body temperature, heart palpitations, swelling, vaginal bleeding, sharp pains, fluids leaking from your vagina or blurred vision call your healthcare provider immediately!!**